Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Do People Buy Relationships?

Hello all,

I ran into an interesting question yesterday as I was reviewing a client/friend's proposed new website content. That question was do readers buy relationships? What do you think?

The reason it became an issue in my mind was the positioning of the use of the word, relationship. The content developer was saying that my friend should sell the fact that the readers would get a relationship by doing business with her. He used the word "relationship" as the product.

My preference would have been to focus on selling the bullet points that my friend offers that lead to her strong relationships. So... in essence... the relationship is the by-product of what the reader is really purchasing. For example .. her years of experience and endless list of testimonials. Her attention to getting to know the culture of each client's business and their unique individual requirements. Her availability according to whatever budget works, etc.

With all of these bullet points in place, yes you get a relationship. But what do you sell first? Let me know how you perceive this.


Keep your business garden growing ...
margie

No comments: