Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas morning .... very early. I just got back to my house after making an early AM duty call as the birthday fairy! My graphic artist has a son turning 5 today.. yes, on Christmas day, and I play birthday fairy by leaving a balloon outside for Stevie, his son, to find when he wakes up ... after he discovers Santa of course!

Driving through LA, even early, early, on Christmas morning found lots of creatures stirring. I couldn't help but wonder where everyone was going and/or coming from at that hour. Were they all birthday fairies??

Stopped off at Dunken doughnuts for a Christmas muffin and coffee and early AM "workers" were in line! A policeman was getting a dozen doughnuts for the station, a couple of gruffy older men got their doughnuts and hopped into pickup trucks of one sort or another. I tried some early morning "Merry Christmas" greetings and got blank stares back! Even the policeman looked a little puzzled. They probably thought I was loose from a mental ward at that hour as well.

Driving back home I noticed the BIG BLUE LA bus at a stop light. Couldn't help but wonder who got that duty. Who would be on the bus early in Christmas AM ... and would they all be sad and lost souls???

Don't quite know why I am sharing this except all this quiet time early in the AM has left me thinking about all the situations that exist for people here in my community and in cyberspace!

If technology can do one thing positive, I hope it can create some platforms for "humans" to help each other. I hope we can bundle our efforts and achieve for human beings what I have had as a goal for businessess ... all of my career in technology ... "getting the most productivity for the least overhead!"

As you go out on the internet ... in whatever capacity ... always leave your mind open for what people are thinking or experiencing on the other end of your communications. Always reach out, send out your "light" .. focus on what helps and is good! Be a lifting spirit ... set your sites on making connections that create good and "wondrous" things! It will build.

Merry Christmas!

Keep your business growing ...
margie

No comments: