Thursday, September 25, 2014

LOVE Using An Editorial Calendar!!

Have always recommended using an editorial calendar, especially to businesses where more than one person does online posting for the business.  And have suggested editorial calendars to those who do their own posting but struggle with knowing what to say and/or getting it done! 

Using an editorial calendar for myself never really came into the picture as I have no problem with taking on my online marketing with joy!  I "thought"  between a few notes here on my "to do's" and what was in my mind that all was just fine! However, when I wasn't fitting in what I wanted to include in my weekly online presence I thought that using an editorial calendar might be the solution.  AND it sure is!  What a difference it is making in more ways than I ever imagined!

Now, it hasn't been that long, BUT I can't say enough good things!!  Have been enjoying surprises daily/  Here are just a few: 

First ..  I couldn't believe that even when giving 100% of my attention to listing all the mediums I wanted to include on my calendar, that I still forgot one major one! Thank goodness for being able to "see" what I was including. No wonder when I was doing everything in my head that I would forget tasks that I wanted to take on but never got too!   Writing things down does work!

Second ... I found extra time!  This was a BIG surprise!  It was so weird .. kind of noticed that something was different on the first day but it was very apparent on day two that I had all this extra time!  It appears that writing and mapping out my online activity took it out of my head. ( isn't that what they say about making lists also?).   Anyway ... because I have never struggled with ideas for what to say or what I want to do, I never noticed how much background energy was going on in my head.  Creating the editorial calendar seems to have just automatically removed all the noise making me 100% ready to take on other tasks.  It simply made me feel like I had so much extra time!!! LOVE IT!

Third ...  there was much more depth in my daily posts!  Take note that I did not create the posts in my calendar.  I simply wrote down the purpose that I wanted each post to have. Maybe having the same topic made  them come together better?   I really don't know.

So, I hope you'll create an editorial calendar for yourself!  Would love to have you write some comments below after you try one for yourself. If you already use one, please share your experiences below also.  And of course questions are always welcomed! To know more about how I went about making mine click here!

It's for sure that I'm hooked! Can't wait to plan my next week's editorial calendar!  One more benefit is that I just feel more on top of my game!!   What business owner doesn't want to feel that way!?!

Hope to hear from you all soon! 

In the mean time ...

Keep Your Business Garden Growing ...
margie





No comments: