Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Power Of The Internet For Building New Business Relationships

At last ... the weekend has arrived!

It's funny that I welcome weekends with such joy as I always work on weekends, but it still feels like it's "my" time. Two days without additional pressures being added to the pile ... does that make sense?

Anyway, as I start my Saturday without an immediate "must do," I just found myself reflecting again on the wonder of the internet and where it has taken all of us in our marketing efforts. I can remember advising my clients on the need to build relationships. Who knew that social networking was around the immediate corner! Such an opportunity. We can wake up and be in touch with many, many new faces and contacts from around the world. Such an opportunity to form new alliances, identify new prospects and market "ourselves" across the world.


Those of you who have known me over the years know that I have always promoted internet communications as some of the most intimate and relationship building interactions that exist. The power of the bonds that can be made is huge ... "if" the communications put into building the bonds are done appropriately. I stress this even more as we zip in and out of our social networking activities. Pay attention to what you say and how you say it! It can build you strong bridges to new opportunities or in a "click" destroy opportunities.

One ticket to success is my workshop or ebook on one-to-one emailing. The secrets to success in effective one-to-one online communications, learned from both sources, will keep you a winner on the social networks. My ebook is listed under "fertilizers" on the side of my blog. Information about my workshops can be found on my website, www.todaysway.net.

Another ticket to success is simply to use common sense, politeness and some of the same curtesies that you would apply in a face-to-face encounter and or telephone conversation.


Go forth and connect ... have fun meeting all these new people!

Keep your business growing ...
margie

No comments: