Sunday, December 20, 2009

How I Like To Use Twitter!

I like to use Twitter as a tool to create interaction. It's original design was for that very reason ... the question at the top used to be, "What are you doing?" People would trade their daily "goings on!"

When Twitter first began it was fun to see what people were doing. You discovered that you had some "out of the office" common interests with people you knew and/or were trying to get to know. "Live" tweeting sometimes brought you to the front row of a playoff game, the inauguration,and the way I found out about Twitter... knowing a fellow tweeter was in the process of being arrested in a foreign country and needed help! You still see "live tweeting" such as these examples but not as much....they get buried in all the one-way postings it seems.

So, I like to keep the original intent alive and well. I have transformed most of my tweets to focus on business conversation in order to meet new prospects and help old contacts know more about what I do ... but always with an "engaging" 140 characters! Every once in a while I add some "salt and pepper" with a personal tweet .... just for fun.

I also look for other tweets that want to engage readers in conversation. These tweeters ask for thoughts, opinions and thoughts! It is such a great way to meet new people and everyone loves to receive a comment from their posting.

The bonds that the exchange of comments on Twitter create is actually "why" I use it as a tool for conversation. The internet provides very private 1-to-1 interactions. People are focused on their screen (whatever the device), the Twitter posting is short so it resonates quickly and easily, and a bond is psychologically created between reader and sender! It's almost like magic!

Have you tried to create conversation? Let me know if you feel the difference as well. I've always said that the value of Twitter cannot be explained ... it has to be experienced!

Tomorrow I will give you some ideas on how to write an engaging tweet! In the meantime ...

Keep your busines growing ...
margie




No comments: