Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why Do I Blog?

A basic question ...

I blog because I want my prospects and clients to have a backdoor to my business. Every business needs a "connecting" opportunity. In the old days clients did company visits or sales people went out and spent time over coffee and lunch with clients. I don't think I could ever have that happen with my prospects and clients today, but I can easily invite everyone to a blog where together we can:
  • Engage in discussions on what I do - asking and answering questions.
  • Map out new plans ... requests from both clients & myself are heard.
  • Have industry discussions where all viewpoints can be shared.
  • Be real.
I often compare it to going backstage at a theater and sometimes I also call it water cooler conversation! It serves as a unique place within my entire communication strategy ... again, it's my backdoor. Come into my kitchen everyone .. this is my home!

Why do you blog? Your reason might not be the same as mine. It is a basic question and one in which you need to have a clear and defined answer. Like anything else, your basics need to be solid if you want you blog to be successful. Ever hear about an athlete who goes into a slump. When asked how they come out of it they will always say, "I went back to the basics!"

Please share with me why you blog ,,, OR ... let me know if you are struggling with the "why!" That usually is what keeps people from blogging. They feel it is an exercise they have to do and are just not sure "why." Is that you? Would love to hear from you.

Keep your business growing ... .
margie

1 comment:

Helen Hodgson said...

HI Margie, I enjoyed your post today. A good reminder why it's important to blog. I blog so I can expand on my services. Get more information out there and like you said encourage a conversation with potential clients.