Friday, December 11, 2009

I Can Never Think Of What To Say On My Blog

Oh my goodness ... this is such a common challenge! And, probably the most common reason people give up on blogging. I went through it and I believe everyone goes through it.

There is a simple way to solve the problem. The trick is "Don't think so hard!" Can you do that? :-) Let me expand a bit.

First let's back up a step and review my last posting. If you really get your "why" cemented in your head it is much easier to easily come up with blogging thoughts, trust me! Then, "bingo," at some magical point you go to your blog and you are automatically in the right mindset to "speak" with an almost instantaneous thought! Almost like when you bump into various friends, you know how to begin a conversation ... it just flows? The same thing happens! Hope that makes sense?

But in the mean time, what do you do? My advice is to think small... yup, the smaller the better. Get inside your business. Too often we go to the big picture of what we do and it's overwhelming for simple multiple postings.Does that happen to you?

A great exercise to help you think small is to make a list that breaks down what you sell. Begin with the smallest sale anyone can make with you. (For me it is 15 minutes of consulting time at $1 per minute.) Continue with your list adding the larger individual items and expanding it with the bundled items you offer. Each one of the items on your list has a benefit and is purchased by different types of people . Each buyer also has their own, "why" for purchasing! This should provide you with "lots" of small thoughts!

Having the thought to write about is just the first half of the process. Tomorrow I will share with you some ways to "write" and "present" your thoughts that have helped me make better connections with my readers. Hopefully they can also help you get "further" into your reader's heads.

In the meantime, try making your list and let me know if that helps. I appreciate the feedback. Also please let me know what additional "tricks" you may have used that work and share with all of us. Also please share your specific challenges here where we all can help or send me a private message. You are very welcome to contact me privately.

See you tomorrow!

Keep your business growing ...
margie

No comments: