Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day One Of 30 Day Blogging Challenge!

And I am off ....
c
For those of you who haven't heard, I have entered a 30 day blogging challenge! The object is to create a blog posting a day for 30 days ... and while doing so, watch my business grow! And .... if I complete the challenge, Connie Green (the challenge creator) will provide me visibility not previously enjoyed! I heard that and there was no way I could say no!

Daily blogging is how I originally added blogging to my business life. In the beginning my blogs simply went to myself - sad, but true! However the "doing" helped me find the style of conversation I wanted for my blog. With my website being information rich and my newsletter serving to "announce" information .. my blog needed to be much more personal. The daily exercise of "doing" got me through that 1st block. No longer would I sit looking at a blank screen for what seemed like hours! What was once difficult became spontaneous, part of my daily routine and fun!

THEN, I got carried away with LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter! My daily blogging took a back seat. I do still write blog postings to complement my weekly e-mailings .. but that has been "it" for a while. That's why I am so happy to enter this challenge. It is time to re-ignite the use of blogging for my business growth!

There are so many exciting things to do with a blog. We totally forget that blogs are also social networks and that they also serve as launching pads to other avenues of success such as article writing. And of course, very shortly blogs will be the main hub of our online presence, replacing the traditional website in that role. A 30 day exercise to develop and make my next level of blogging spontaneous, fun and part of my daily routine is just what the doctor ordered to kick off 2010!

I promise, as always, .. to share all that I learn from this journey with you!


Keep your business growing!
margie

2 comments:

Ballerini Cooley Studios said...

Sounds awesome Margie! I am always inspired by your drive to make it all work. Good Luck!

Margaret Jacoby said...

You are a role model. Now, if I can just kickstart myself.