Monday, December 14, 2009

I Never Get Any Comments On My Blog!

Not getting any comments on your blog is awful, isn't it? You feel like you are having a wonderful conversation with yourself ... and ask yourself "why" are you doing this?

The answer is to hang in there. I felt the same way for a while until I listened to some of the blogging guru's say they had the same struggles. It seems to be a given that blogging requires consistency and patience .... but that given ... I am finding that things do start to "pop."

Here are a few suggestions that I applied that have brought me results:
  • Consistency and Patience
    x
  • Ask for readers to leave a comment within your postings!
    Put it right out there ... throughout the posting ( if appropriate) and at the end. Include the reader.
    x
  • Keep each posting to one thought.
    That makes it much easier for people to have a specific thought. Go beyond one thought and people have several thoughts in their heads ... too many for a comment.
    x
  • Keep your postings short.
    Create your posting so that it's easy for the reader to read quickly, have a clear thought and be enticed to make a comment!
    x
  • Leave comments on other people's blogs within your target market!
    They appreciate it as much as you do and will most likely want to return the favor!
    x
  • Let people know your blog exist! The more people that know about your blog, the more readers you will have and the more odds that you will receive comments! I will talk more about different ways to do this in tomorrow's posting. Stay tuned!
Hope this give you some renewed energy in hanging in there with your blogging activities. I'm still exploring all the techniques I can find about getting comments - so I ask you, do you have some input that has made you successful with an ongoing interactive blog? Would love to know how you create your blog's conversation.

Also .. if you have questions on anything I've presented, please ask me here in our public forum or your are welcome to send me a private email.

A little side note here .... If anyone has been following me during the 30 day challenge I am participating in .. please know you can subscribe via RSS or email on the right side of this posting. Would love to have you as a subscriber!

Keep your business growing ...
margie

No comments: