Saturday, October 16, 2010

What's "Your" Purpose For Social Networking?

Hi ..

So what is "your" purpose for social networking? Do you have one? Hope so, cause it is the first step to take in order to justify your time on a social network.

It is imperative to have a purpose and/or intention if you are looking for business on a social network. Without knowing why you are there, how can you create any connections that will end up giving you new, repeat and referral sales? This is when people are wasting their time.


I just discussed 5 business reasons to use social networking for business in my weekly mailing. They are E-Commerce, Lead Generation, Branding, Research, and Customer Retention. You can read all about it by clicking my title here on my blog or if you are a subscriber, it should be in your inbox.
x
My question in this blog is "what is "your" purpose? Is it any of the 5 listed? Other? Are you achieving your purpose via social networking? How are you doing it? Please share.
x
Personally I have found all the power to be in the posting ~ knowing how to engage the reader with the benefits of what is offered so that the selling is almost transparent! It's powerful to experience. It's my "bait," as I like to say. ( click here for "Six Steps For Going Fishing On Social Networks )

x

What do you find powerful? What works for you?
x
Keep your business growing ...
margie



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have to clarify my own posting! Your purpose might not be "to sell" but all business purposes will, in just about all cases, lead to new, repeat and referral business. Yes?