Thursday, December 31, 2009

Random Thoughts On My 2009 Communication Experiences ...

It's New Year's Eve and so much as happened with online communications in this past year. Was sitting down with a cup of coffee and thinking back and thought I would just jot down a few things I learned that will, for sure, carry over into 2010!

Would love to know if you have experienced some of the same or have some of your own to add!

  • Think Small!
    This stands out more than anything else in my mind. Social networking posts, email and newsletter subject lines, blog topics, etc all are more successful when the thought that is shared is small. Seems as if ;you try and cover too much in one communication it gets lost!
    Simple little things are like "hooks!" What do you think?
    x
  • Create Replys and Interaction!
    Relationship building is what it is all about. If you want to create bonds it can not be done by talking at someone as far as I know. You must speak "with" which means you have to create some interaction, right?
    x
  • Leave Comments!
    Don't you just love to get a comment ... good ones? It solidifies the start of something good in most cases. I think they are so much fun to get. Everyone loves to receive comments, so give a few yourself.
    x
  • Be Consistent!
    Consistency with your communications is required in order to even get noticed in the first place! I am following the rule that the more consistent you are, the more your brand and presence builds, and you are on your way to having a community of friends, followers, prospects and clients!! :-) Been working for me ... you too?
    x
  • Speak in Real Time ---
    This means speak like the person was sitting at your desk. People are "with" you on the internet. It is a very intimate personal one-on-one interaction that takes place when someone reads your postings, emails, etc ... right? What do you feel right now? Am I far away or close?
    x
  • The Golden Rule
    This isn't new this year. I've had this for a long time but it remains important. Whatever type of content you communicate make sure it is convenient to the reader's interest and also requires no thinking! That's right - eliminate the need for the reader to think as they read what you write and you've got a home run!! :-) My long time personal experience here!

These are the highlights of what I've discovered "new" in 2009 and know will be of great value in 2010. What do you think? What have you found? Let me know!!!

Happy New Year!

Keep your business growing ....
margie

No comments: